Welcome


Welcome to Heart and Mind, Please visit me at my new site
Heart and Mind. Hope you see you there!

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Have you gotten hurt?

I am out of balance, out of harmony right now and it is not good feeling at all. I have failed.

It has been a long road for me, to let go and forgive certain aspects in my life. A while ago, I was able to forgive, a group of close friends that hurt me emotionally, while I was pregnant with P, my 5 month old. It was not easy but I felt lot better inside, when I finally did forgave them. Or I thought, I did.

Now months later, an email from one of them have opened the old wound again. I did not think, it would hurt since I believed, I have moved on from that petty issue. It sure hurts. Now I wonder, did I really forgave the first time? If I truly did, shouldn't I be more calm and cool? I am not sure of answers yet.

While, I am working on finding an answers and my balance again, I thought of leaving you all with a few quotes by a few wise people, on the subject to ponder over.

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
Mahatma Gandhi

“Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. Forgiveness gives you back the laughter and the lightness in your life.”
Joan Lunden

"You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well.”
Lewis B. Smedes

“We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.”
Seneca

“The folks you help won't remember it and the folks you hurt won't ever forget it.”
Bill Clayton

“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.”
Dalai Lama

“If you are never scared, embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take chances”
Julia Soul

“When you can't remember why you're hurt, that's when you're healed.”
Jane Fonda

“Pain in the present is experienced as hurt, pain in the past is remembered as anger.”
Gaelic Proverb

Did you ever wonder why the one closest you, can hurt you the most? Have you been hurt by friend, lor oved ones? How do you pick yourself up again? What suggestions would you give?

Zengirl

4 comments:

Together We Save said...

It is so sad that we all seem to hang on to past hurts. Why is it those so close hurt us the most? I hope you can let it go. I still hang onto a few hurts as much as it bugs me.

zengirl said...

Together: Thanks for the comment and stopping by. I am feeling a lot better since I wrote the post and I am working on truly wishing best for those misguided friends still. There is a hope for me. but it sure is rough to go through it.

Vikum Jayarathne said...

Hi zengirl :) ,
Ghandhi has put it so nice." No one can hurt you without your permission". So don't give permission :) It's simple as that. Yeah I know it's hard but how about this little trick?
Whenever that feelings come to your mind imagine a red light in front of you and say "stop" to your self.There you stop and you don't enter into those painful feelings. Try this few times I guarantee that you'll be healed.I'm experienced about that.
Good luck ! Go ahead!
And you've shared some really nice quotes. Thanks a lot for that :)

regards,
vikum

zengirl said...

Vikum,
You are right about Gandhiji's quote. I will try not giving permission, but sometimes it is not easy, sure I will practice more.

Thanks for stopping by.